Tuesday, December 7, 2010
真的好巧，昨天看到平淡的法试千层糕时，我的还在冰箱里。早上起来就马上把它给切了:)))。这种费时的蛋糕只有在假期时才有时间做。不久前才说蛋白好不容易下才被消灭完，为了这个蛋糕的pastry cream, 又有6粒蛋白坐在冰箱里，恶梦啊！
Ingredients for Crepe （食谱出自 Flavours magazine）
170gm plain flour
Pinch of salt
Ingredients for Vanilla pastry cream
1 vanilla bean (I used 2tsp vanilla extract from wilton)
6 egg yolks
Pinch of salt
42gm corn flour, sifted
3 ½ tbsp butter
480gm whipping cream
1 tbsp sugar
Icing sugar for dusting
To prepare crepes:
1. In a heavy-based saucepan, cook butter over low heat until browned, set aside to cool.
2. In another saucepan, heat milk until steaming hot, stirring often, set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
3. Combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl and pour in the hot milk and browned butter.
4. Mix, cover with cling wrap, and refrigerate overnight.
5. The next day, bring crepe batter to room temperature. Heat a 23cm(9-inch) non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Swab the surface with the oil and add 5tbsp of crepe batter; swirl to a thin crepe. Cook until the bottom just begins to brown, about 1 minute, then carefully lift an edge and flip the crepe with your fingers. Cook on the other side for no longer than 5 seconds. Flip the crepe onto a baking sheet lined with parchment. Repeat until you have 20 perfect crepes.
To prepare pastry cream:
1. In a heavy-based saucepan, add milk and vanilla extract. Place over medium heat to just short of boiling, remove.
2. In a bowl, whisk together egg yolks, sugar, salt and corn flour.
3. Add some hot milk while whisking. Tip the mixture into the saucepan of milk and cook over high heat, whisking constantly for 1-2 minutes until it thickens, remove from heat.
4. Push the cream through a sieve and chill to 60C. Whisk in the butter. Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate overnight.
5. The next day, whisk the whipping cream and sugar together until it thickens; fold into the chilled pastry cream.
1. Lay a crepe on a cake plate. Spread a thin layer of pastry cream with a spatula. Cover with a crepe and repeat to make a stack of 20, with the best-looking crepe on top.
2. Chill for at least 2 hours. Dust with icing sugar. Keep the cake refrigerated at all times.
3. slice before serving.